Join the community

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs. Bridgestone Potenza S007A

IamFODI

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone get a chance to compare these tires back-to-back? I'm most interested in feel, feedback, response, and wet grip, but curious about any other impressions. As much as I love the PS4S, I've been itching for a tire that'd come close in wet grip while providing more positive feel and response.

Swoope

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 26, 2019
orlando, fl
i rode along with a friend in an audi rs5 with some special order stuff on it. ceramic brakes and such.

he is a very talented driver. has a caged rx7 with a v8 in it as a fun track car.

car was stock and he was driving hard. this is what we found after he did two sessions on the 007a.

i think it would be a great street tire. likely an ok track tire for lighter cars.

i call this stuff smearing. had it happen with some kumhos, also have seen it on some re71s.

thanks for dropping by, hopefully someone will chime in..

beers 🍻

Attachments

p4ck37p1mp

Jun 20, 2019
s007a is crap.. supposed to be the RE-11 replacement, it is NOT. 5 people tried to kill the very used RE-11s I got on some OZ wheels (I wanted lighter wheels..), I sold those wheels with the RE-11s still on, and told the guy that bought them they probably have a few weekends left, he looked shocked, then I gave him the history of the tires since I got them. TT-D champion 2010 borrowed them when not doing TT (RA, CMP, RRR), another buddy (every session all weekend at RA..every..session), me beating hell out them.. Those were good tires, the s007a, shit. One AMP weekend, done (really just one day..). Not impressed at all.